Friday, November 4, 2011

Doesn't feel like Autumn


In all my 6 years living in Belgium, I've NEVER seen an Autumn like this year. It is so beautiful! Autumn is one of my favorite seasons together with summer.
Close to where I work, there is a little park that I pass by almost everyday. This week, there were hundreds of leaves forming a yellow road and it really looked closed to the picture in intensity of color. The trees around seemed golden yellow highlighted with the sunlight!



Now, let's be serious. How the cupcakes turned out?
I prefer my cupcakes lighter, bit on the fluffy side. So if you are like me, that is not your recipe. That recipe gives you a heavy cupcake!

What's the baking plan for this weekend? Re-create the delicious dessert of last Monday dinner! Everything was delicious and my friend finished by spoiling us with 2 desserts!
My favorite was the tart made of "speculoos" base filled with fruits du bois and chantilly, and covered with Italian meringue to die for. It was the perfect balance : light, not too sweet; a bit citric, crunchy and then a velvety meringue that melted on your mouth.
I was looking for the recipe on line particularly related to the fruits du bois and the chantilly. But just couldn't find it. So I am left with two questions:
Question one: Is the fruit treated in any way so they don't lose water ?
Question two: do you add gelatine to the chantilly so it holds up, if not consume the same day?

Let's see what happens! I tell you what I do at the end !







No comments:

Post a Comment