Friday, November 18, 2011

Last weeks

I know, I know, I have not been posting lately... what a way to start a blog, uh? But no, I didn't stop baking just busy with everything else. But now, back to tell you what I've done lately.


Two weeks ago, we finally moved away from the "pâte grasse at my pastry class and started to work with "pâte brisée" .  The first dessert made with the "pâte brisée" was the Carré à la frangipane and the Carré à la confiture. I must admit that I am a bit tired of the "corin" and frangipane. We've been using it almost in every class for the last month! So when the pastry Chef said it is only filled in with corin ... I was not excited!, but the Carré à la Confiture was surprisingly good.  The dough was delicious and the "corin" balance perfectly ...a simple dessert but very tasty.
The Carré à la frangipane was filled with frangipane, decorated with bandellettes and sliced roasted almonds and glaced with abricot syrup.


 This week, we continue working with the pâte brisée and prepared yesterday Anglaises aux fruits and Carré Sucré!  Tellement bon! 

Les Anglaises aux fruits
This is a delicious treat, fresh, crispy... The dough here was close to pâte feuilletée because of the tournage ( 4x4x3) . The base was covered with a layer of pastry cream top with fruits. I used slices of mandarines, peaches and ananas. Then, it's glaced with abricotage and decorated with chantilly . It does not appear on the picture - they were just out of the oven to add the chantilly.
Anglaises aux fruits
Les Carrés Sucrés
This is simpler and equally good pastry, filled with pastry cream and pieces of ananas. The coat you see is because of the cristalized sugar.

Carré Sucré

No comments:

Post a Comment