Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blackberry and Raspberry Chantilly Tart with Italian Meringue

 Today, I tried to re-create the tart I tasted at my friend's party.




I made a thin crust with speculoos and unsalted melted butter which I baked at 150 for 10 minutes. Once cold, I placed it in the fridge.
Then I beat 250 ml cream with a bit of sugar ( 50 gr) until it was like chantilly. I should have added gelatine  but when I realized this, I noticed I didn't have any in my pantry. 

The last part was the Italian meringue! For this, beat 2 egg whites and then dribble the syrup . Be carefull to dribble the syrup directly to the wires of the whip. Increase speed to moderately fast and beat until cool and the egg whites form stiff, shining, upstanding peaks.
For the syrup, you need to dissolve completely 120gr of sugar and 50 cc of water and bring to boil in a pan. When it reached 118°C is ready to be added to the meringue.

And finally, the best part put all the pieces together!

Add half chantilly to the crust, then add the fresh berries. I used blackberries and raspberries. Then cover with the other half of the chantilly.
Finally, cover with the meringue and then with a torch carefully finish off the meringue to give it an even, golden color. I don't have a torch, so I use the grill of my oven. The problem is the chantilly melts, so be fast!

The result was not bad... at all!
PS: I used a 20 cm. ring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment