Monday, October 31, 2011

Cinnamon Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

It is a long sunny weekend and I thought I'd be baking till sunset but I've had an annoying headache for the last 3 days, I guess I can say it is migraine by now, because it is constant. I take a pill and it goes away for 2 hours , then back again, and so on...
I haven't been very productive, but today's my friend's birthday and I wanted to do something for her. We are celebrating!!!!!
It had to be nothing too complicated but more importantly that would take too long, pill only lasts 2 hours.

The recipe is from Cupcakes from Marabout. It is called "le presque quatre-quart" . I adapt it a little bit and instead of adding vanilla, I added cinamon.
45 g milk
3 eggs
2 tbsp cinamon
170 g flour
150 g sugar -  Nex time I'll use less sugar, for me they are a bit too sweet.
150 g unsalted butter
3/4 baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven at 170 C
Mix wet ingredients and set aside.
In a mixer bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix till they are well combined. Add the butter and half of the wet ingredients.  Mix slowly, andd other half of wet ingredients and mix to maximum speed for one minute. Fill in the cupcakes.
Bake for 25 or 30 minutes or check with a knife until it is dry. Mine took 20 minutes.

Cream Cheese feeling
From the same book I adapted a little bit the recipe. I found it was too sweet for my taste.
So , I use 300 g of cream cheese and 120 g of butter plus 120 g of icing sugar - instead of 400 g.
Basically, you cream the cream cheese and butter and then add the sugar ,beat it very well for at least 5 to 7 minutes; You can add vanilla 1 tsp.  I didn't add because I was going to drizzle caramel on top

Time to go and take another pill...




No comments:

Post a Comment