Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lemon meringue tarts

I've had with me a couple of books I borrowed from the library at my pastry school. One of them is rather ambitions, I admit, Macaron from Pierre Hermé, and the other is a book about salty and sweet tarts. As you can see, I went for the second book. I think I need more time to recover from my last bad experiences with macarons.

Oh well, so here I come with the preparation for the tarts, I started preparing the dough with almonds , leaving it to rest enough time in the refrigerator without working it too much, placing it in the individual tart molds and letting it rest again for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before baking the crusts shells at 160 C. After all the precautions taken, I was quite dissapointed to see my crusts shrank. I will certainly try the-great-unshrinkable-sweet-tart-shell by Smitten Kitchen.

I also had a nice overall view of how heat works in my oven. I placed the 18 mini tarts in the oven, and there were 2 or 3 quite dark ones compared to the rest!
Next step, the lemon curd. I am preparing the lemon curd and oh my, what a delicious citrious heavenly cream. I think I can just eat it up like that. Thanksfully, I am reminded that it is lunch time so behave Mrs.! I managed to place the lemon curd in the tarts... Now next step the meringue!

The meringue, the recipe called for plain sugar, not impalpable, and I should have listened to my instint that said " Not use that one", use the sucre cero! Oh well, that's what it means to try out a recipe. Now  I know. The result was good, tasty. I mean what's wrong with meringe but the consistency was a bit granular. I did use this meringue and decorate my tarts. 
 

And then a little bit on the grill. 

and the best part is to eat them .... provecho







No comments:

Post a Comment