Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sugar cookies



Last week, I received from a lovely friend Valentine cookies decorated with fondant. Since my last chocolate cake, I thought I could have fun this time with my restless assistant and make some cookies with her.

For the recipe, I used Martha Stewart's sugar cookies but I replaced the vanille with orange and lemon juice and added the zest of one orange.

Then, when completely cool, time to let your inner child out! I had basic colors of fondant which I rolled and cut with the same cookie cutters, and make some dots to give some texture ..

I think I got carried away more than her... endless possibilities!!!
We started with basic shapes, such butterflies and flowers, then I went to look for the food coloring and I just wanted to paint, draw, mmmm the outcome was not that bad considering I did all of it with a toothpick, didn't have a brush for this. ;)




Fun little project and the most important part,  my pioja loved doing this!




My next project, it involves italian meringue, lemon curd and a torche ...


 








No comments:

Post a Comment