Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fondant cakes: Love bed cake, T-shirt cake and little dots cake

 After my first fondant cake, I just wanted to explore and discover all the possibilities ... it's endless.  I decided to practice, rolling the fondant, placing it, details...
I did three different designs. I started with a very easy one, just a plain cake covered with white fondant and then added little rounds of three difference sizes.
This time around, I was very very patient and took my time to place the fondant, the result... it turned out GREAT!!!!! Very happy about that! and it didn't round , the sides were straight... tatannnnn



Then, I wanted something else... a-tshirt.  I didn't have many fondant colors to play endlessly ..just 4 basic colors. The result was not bad, the neck is a bit tricky... I went on by the feeling without any template, just what I thought, correcting, cutting, correcting till I found the shape similar to a t-shirt neck, not bad for a first time... then I added a few little details.


And finally, I did a bed and though I know Valentine's day is passed, I thought why no!?
This was really fun... Next time I do this, I will make two rectangular cookies and cover them with fondant to use as headboard and footboard, to make it more real!!!





I can't wait to decorate more cakes with fondant! SO MUCH FUN!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment